Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Woman I See

I look in the mirror and the woman I see
Is far different now than once upon a time
Perhaps it's the eyes
or the mind behind them.
I trace the curve of my hip
And follow the fullness of my breats
With a feather light touch.
I am not a supermodel
But I am OK
Even beautiful, sensual.
The woman in the mirror has
Sparkling eyes, a sharp wit, a tender touch.
She is beyond all that you see
From a place where there is no flat chested,
No fat,
No ugly.
She is pure, completely untouched
By a world that tells her she isn't pretty enough,
Isn't thin enough,
Isn't busty enough.
I don't have to have a perfect, tiny body
To be beautiful.
I just embrace the woman in the mirror
And enjoy who she is,
The beauty she possesses
And the sensuality within her,
All that are waiting to be discovered...

No comments: